Quest For Gold
Ontario Athlete Assistance ProgramQuest for Gold – Ontario Athlete Assistance Program (OAAP) is funded by the Government of Ontario, through the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport (MTCS), and operated through the Sport, Recreation & Community Programs Division. The overarching goal of the Quest for Gold – OAAP is directly related to the High Performance Sport goal of the Canadian Sport Policy – that Canadians are systematically achieving world-class results at the highest levels of international competition – by improving the performance and number of Ontario athletes performing at the national and international level, thereby contributing to the improved performance of Canada at international competitions.
Specific objectives of the program are:
- To help athletes continue their pursuit of athletic excellence at the highest levels of national and international competition;
- To encourage athletes to stay in Ontario to live and train;
- To compensate athletes for earnings lost while training;
- To enable athletes to successfully pursue excellence in sport while fulfilling their educational goals;
- To increase athlete access to improved high performance coaching; and
- To enhance training and competitive opportunities available to athletes.
How does it work?In accordance with the OAAP guidelines, OCPSA develops sport-specific selection criteria and forms a Selection Committee that will apply these criteria. The top-ranked athletes, based on the criteria, are nominated for Ontario Cards.
To Apply:Athletes interested in being considered for nomination for an Ontario Card must submit an application letter to OCPSA’s Selection Committee. The application letter must address and detail the following:
1. What objectives do you expect to achieve with this funding?
2. How will you use this funding (please include a list of events you plan to attend)?
3. Describe how this funding will earn you a national team position in the next 1-3 years.
Application letters must be received by mail (PO Box 60082 Ottawa, ON K1T 0K9) or fax 613.723.6742 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 11, 2016.