Whatever age or ability, everyone should have access to sport and active recreational programming so that they can pursue their athletic dreams…whatever they may be!
That is why your support is so important. OCPSA prides itself on being able to provide free and low cost sport programming to the people and families we serve, since many already face financial challenges related to daily special needs expenses. It is through your support of our valuable charitable work that we are able to bring the life-changing benefits of sport and physical activity to all those with a desire (or even a curiosity) to participate!
Your support helps OCPSA to provide:
- All levels of amateur athlete development from the classroom to the podium and everywhere in between.
- All levels of sport training and sport education (clinics, camps, workshops, team/individual practices, etc.).
- All levels of competition support (preparing for and support during events including travel and support staff coordination).
- Coach training and education (courses, clinics and workshops).
- Courses and seminars on officiating and classifying.
- Training and support for sport assistants and other volunteers.
- Peer-to-peer mentorship.
- Community sporting events and competitions (friendly games, exhibition games and tournaments).
- Provincial Championships (as host organization).
- Introductory recreational sport programs and clinics such as ‘Try-It Days’ and other recruitment events.
- Innovative adapted sport programs such as delivering boccia in children’s rehabilitation centres for recreational therapy.
- Adapted sport equipment which enables persons with a physical disability to play and compete.
- Sport equipment loan program.
- Public awareness and advocacy for equal opportunity in sport for persons with a physical disability.
- Sport policy development, standards qualification, rule enforcement and sanctioning.