Leave a Legacy
Leaving a lasting legacy to OCPSA is an extraordinary statement of your generosity and philanthropic values. It is also an incredible opportunity to provide for the current and future needs of your family, while also providing a charitable gift that will impact the lives of people today and the lives of those that follow.
There are many options for legacy giving. Some are deferred and will be received by OCPSA after your lifetime. Some will be put to good use during your lifetime. Each offers its own tax advantages and therefore can be very powerful tax-reducing tools.
Whatever the reason, establishing a legacy gift for OCPSA provides vital funding for programming and equipment that will enable children and adults with physical disabilities to experience the life-changing benefits of becoming physically active.
Please explore the links below to learn more about each type of legacy gift:
What is the next step?
Establishing a legacy gift is an important decision that requires thoughtful planning. We strongly recommend that you have an open discussion with your family regarding your legacy gift intentions so that you have their support moving forward. It is also imperative that you seek professional advice and assistance from your lawyer and/or financial advisor.
OCPSA is here to help in any way we can. Please contact us to discuss legacy gift options, tax benefits, recognition opportunities, or to ask questions. If we don’t have the answer, we will find it! Also, we would be happy to work with you, your family and your advisors, on a confidential basis to ensure that your philanthropic and financial goals are met.
Toll-free telephone: 1-866-286-2772
Email Kira Crozier at: email@example.com
Recognizing your Legacy Gift:
The Legacy Club is a special group that honours the generosity and commitment of those who have made a legacy gift to OCPSA. It’s a way for us to show our sincere appreciation to all legacy donors for their generosity. It’s also a special way of celebrating individuals during their lifetime for their future gifts.
As a Legacy Club member, you will enjoy opportunities to deepen your connection to the children and adults we serve and share their triumphs as they fulfill their potential through sport.
A few special opportunities include:
- VIP Meet and Greets: You will receive exclusive invites to attend intimate events where you will meet athletes and hear personal stories of their journeys and victories that you helped to make possible.
- Insider Invitations to Events: You will receive exclusive invites to attend sporting events in your region where you can witness the impact of your generosity firsthand.
- Insider Updates on Our Work: Stay informed about our programs and the remarkable children and adults you are helping through our e-newsletter, special bulletins/updates and behind-the-scene videos.
- Recognition of Your Generosity: You will receive special recognition on our website and in OCPSA publications if applicable.
- Named Endowment: You will have an opportunity to create an endowment fund named after you or a loved one (please read more about endowments here to learn if your gift qualifies).
- Voting Rights: You will receive an invitation to, and voting rights at, OCPSA’s Annual General Meeting.