Being a member of OCPSA is a privilege. Individuals wishing to be members of OCPSA must submit an application for membership on a yearly basis. The annual membership period is April 1 to March 31 at a cost of $20 per member.
Individuals eligible for membership consideration with OCPSA are described as follows:
- Any individual who has been diagnosed with non-progressive brain damage with motor control dysfunction such as cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, stroke or meets the definition of eligibility as defined by the Cerebral Palsy International Sport and Recreation Association involved in boccia, or athletics, and whose application for admission has been approved by the Board of Directors or by any committee or individual delegated this authority by the Board.
- Any individual who is a volunteer, registered with the Corporation, whose application for admission has been approved by the Board of Directors or by any committee or individual delegated this authority by the Board.
Benefits & Services
- Members in good standing may have access to multiple benefits and services.
- Athletes and coaches may be eligible to participate in OCPSA sanctioned events (boccia and track & field) as well as qualify for a financial subsidy.
- Coaches and sports officials, including classifiers, may access professional development opportunities.
- Member athletes have access to OCPSA’s equipment loan program.
- Community clubs may access support to host workshops, tournaments and events.
- Athletes and volunteers may have access to grant and bursary opportunities.
Please note that all members of OCPSA are automatically registered as members of the Canadian Cerebral Palsy Sports Association.
Applications for membership are accepted throughout the year at a cost of $20. Please click here to complete the online form. There are two payment options;
- Submit payment online by following the prompts, or
- Print your completed form and send by mail to PO Box 60082, Ottawa, ON K1T 0K9